Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Recap and Weigh In

The weekend was jam packed!  There was wine, a little sickness, lots of football and some new jewelry.  Let's get started with the recap!  :)

There was wine with friends.

Old Friends
New Friends
On Saturday I had my first University of Houston tailgating experience.  It was lots of fun!  Rebecca is a UH alum and she invited me and Daniel to join her friends at the game.


Rebecca's brother Jake, rolled up with his BBQ pit on a trailer and made fajitas.  They were delicious.

Texas pride
The guys next to us were doing it right.

Bloody Mary Bar
And someone brought cupcakes from Crave Cupcakes...delicious.


And they had spirit...

Go Coogs!
The game was at 3:30 and the weather was beautiful.  The Cougars ran right over Marshall...the score was like 63 to 28.  Good times.

Robertson Stadium
Kicking a Field Goal
Touchdown Celebration
Touchdown Celebration II
Shasta and Rebecca (far right)

Shasta and me
On Sunday I made soup for the week.  It was kind of an on the fly soup...so I will let you know if it is any good...I brought it for lunch today (crossing fingers).  I also watched football, did laundry and made jewelry.

Wearing these today


Love how yellow the yellow walls make my pictures look. Oops...lesson learned.

The weigh in did not happen this morning.  I did not get on the scale on purpose since I know what it would have told me.  After the weekend of mediocre food choices and no exercise and then the feeling of (advanced apology for TMI) PMS bloating I knew better than to get on the scale and bum myself out more.  Instead I skipped the scale and walked 2 miles with Rebecca this morning.  I might revisit my weigh in around Wednesday or I might just wait until next Monday.  You like surprises right?  The walk definitely improved my outlook and I am ready for yoga at lunch today.  I will make this a good week.

Today the pen color will be lime green.


Do you ever skip the scale?

2 comments:

  1. I often skip the scale, it bounces around like I can't believe.

    I had a crave cupcake as a birthday cake, it was yummy! and avoided having lots of cake I wouldn't resist eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked out for me!! I am so glad I skipped last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments make my day and I do my very best to respond to each and every one of them.