Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Relaxed Evening, Awesome Salad Dressing

Good morning!  Rebecca and I got back to our walking this morning.  It was awesome, but I wish the cooler weather was still here.  Oh, well.  I could tell that fall is trying to come because it is not getting light as early.  I don't like that part, but I will welcome cooler temperatures.

Last night was pretty relaxed.  My husband and I made a delicious dinner. We had steak (cut from beef tenderloin...great tip coming up) with salad and roasted potato.


The steak we use we buy at Costco as a whole beef tenderloin and then we cut it into small steaks and wrap them in Glad press and seal and put them in a freezer bag and freeze them.  The tenderloins are forty to fifty bucks depending on size, but they cut into about 20 dinner portion steaks.  So that makes them around 2 dollars per steak, which I think is pretty good.  And they are delicious.

Daniel, the husband, found a new salad dressing recipe that we tried last night.  It was awesome!  Here it is:

Awesome Balsamic Dressing
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil (I think I used a little less than that...the recipe called for 3/4 cup, but I wanted to reduce that)
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
Combine, whisk, refrigerate.  I used about two tablespoons on our salad.  It was amazing.  Especially since I hadn't been to the store since Gruene and all I had for the salad was hearts of palm, red onion and spring mix (thanks Mom for buying a huge box at Costco and letting me steal half of it yesterday).  It will be reappearing tonight.

The rest of the evening was spent watching football and reading. 


Sammy and I are really enjoying The Help.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  I will be seeing the movie when I finish the book.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments make my day and I do my very best to respond to each and every one of them.