Friday, May 6, 2011

So Many Things, So Little Time

Do you ever feel like you are being pulled in a gazillion directions at once?  That is how I am feeling right now.  It seems to have invaded my work and personal life right now. 

Without going into details about work (since I would hate to bore you), I feel like everyone wants something from me right now.  It is how I would imagine a teacher of young children would feel when all the students need attention at the same time.

My niece and my husband.
In my personal life I am also busy busy.  This month I have a niece taking her first communion, so I will be traveling to Mississippi for that event.  I also have friends getting married at the end of the month, so I have a bridal shower this weekend and then their wedding festivities on Memorial Day weekend, complete with bachelor/bachelorette party and post wedding BBQ.  Should be a fun weekend!  And don't get me started on Mother's Day!  It got here too quickly!

In addition to all my weekend plans I have made the awesome decision to hit the gym with my husband in the evenings.  My usual schedule is to get cardio in on my lunch hour so I'm adding strength training in the gym 3 evenings a week.  This is awesome, and a top priority.  I refer to it as our gym date.  However, it is taking away from dinner prep time...so that is making the evenings a little more chaotic.  Daniel and I agreed that we would spend time in the kitchen on Sunday evening to prep things for the week, so the nights we have our gym dates we have quick, healthy dinner choices.  I am liking this plan.  This Sunday I will be adding dinner preps to our Sunday ritual...I have already been doing breakfast and lunch prep, so I think I can handle this.

Anyone else out there feel like they spread themselves thin sometimes?  How do you juggle busy schedules?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments make my day and I do my very best to respond to each and every one of them.