Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring Fever

Well, it is that time of year where we are having some gorgeous days in Houston!  I have spring fever and would like to be outside right now.  I have planned to take Friday afternoon off from work and go to the Houston Aboretum...I have never been there before and I can't believe it!

My husband and I are going to start hiking.  I love being outside and I love burning calories while exploring.  Win, win, right?  We bought a book called 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles of Houston, so the aboretum will be the first trail out of that book.

I'm thinking that once we get to the aboretum I will be wondering why I have not been there before.  The pictures I have found online are all very pretty and they have lots of activities and classes there (including yoga!!).  I'm leaning toward taking my camera with me.  I hope the weather is as nice on Friday as it was today.

Are there any great trails near you?



1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! have fun, only walking trails I can think of nearby are Brazos Bend - you can see alligators! there are some fun bike trails near us.

    please share your future hiking adventures, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments make my day and I do my very best to respond to each and every one of them.